Sibylle Koczian wrote:
> Am Montag, 25. August 2008 18:03:28 schrieb Uwe Grauer:
>> Sibylle Koczian wrote:
>>>  def afterRequery(self):
>>>     self.testlogID.Value += u"\nRequery ausgeführt."
>> BTW, if you need this for logging only, use:
>> print "Requery ausgeführt."
>>
>> This will print to the command line window if you start your app from a
>> command line.
>>

> Of course, but for learning Dabo I found a logging area in the main window a
> little more interesting. You were right about putting the requery() call in
> afterInitAll(). I suppose createBizobjs() is executed at a moment when the
> visual controls aren't fully created?

You will find out that even afterInitAll() isn't the right place for a
call to requery(). Most of my forms use onActivate() with some status
variables for this kind of work.

> BTW this might answer your question about doing the work twice: it isn't work
> at the moment, at least not the applications working in linux. It's trying to
> learn one Python GUI toolkit (still not quite decided between PyQt and Dabo,
> because the PyQt/Qt documentation is so much better).

Dabo isn't a gui toolkit. Maybe Dabo will include other gui toolkits
like PyQt or pygtk in the future.
If we are talking about cross platform tools, PyQt isn't the right
choice because of license problems on windows and commercial use cases.
I think wxWidgets is the best gui tool in terms of cross platform usage.
Dabo just makes it very easy to use for this.

Documentation is the worst aspect of Dabo.
Feel free to add whatever is missing to the Dabo wiki.

Uwe