On Aug 26, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Paul McNett wrote:

> Putting too much stuff in the init phase makes forms feel like they
> are
> the data are shown can make things feel snappier.

        That's different than the original issue, which was that references
don't yet exist in afterInit(). The point is that you *could* put it
in afterInitAll() and it would work.

        I think when working with people experiencing problems that indicate
that they are new to the framework, we try not to confuse them by
discussing particular cases, and instead recommend the standard
practice. If later on they have an issue regarding speed of loading,
we can then suggest alternatives.

-- Ed Leafe