On Nov 29, 2008, at 12:21 PM, johnf wrote:

> This brings up a different question for me.  When I try to use
> 'uiApp' for the
> name space of wx.App it never works.  I don't understand why it does
> not?  Am
> I wrong in believing that should just work???  I have been trying to
> learn
> more about wx and following some of the code on the web (mostly
> windows
> stuff).

        uiApp is a subclass of wx.App, so it should expose the same
namespace. 'dabo.ui.uiApp.GetUseBestVisual' is a wx.App method, not a
Dabo method, but it is exposed.

        That said, using wx-level stuff is not supported at all, and strongly
discouraged when there are equivalent Dabo approaches. There are some
things you can't do in Dabo that you can do in wx; for those things,
consider creating a Dabo wrapper if at all possible.

-- Ed Leafe