Am 2008-11-29 um 19:06 schrieb Ed Leafe:

>> I'd like to make my dabo application a drop target for files i.e.
>> 1. DnD on the icon
>> 2. DnD on the main window
>
>       The main window is simple enough: set the window's DroppedFileHandler
> property to the object that will handle the dropped files, and write
> your code in that object's processDroppedFiles() method. That method
> will receive a list of the files that have been dropped. The dImage
> script in DaboDemo has a good example of handling dropped files.

Thank you! I'll try that.

>       For the icon I'm not exactly sure what you'll need. If you create
> an .app file using py2app, files dropped on the icon will be passed as
> arguments to the main script of your app. I'm not sure what will
> happen with files dropped on an app's icon when the app is already
> running, as I've never tried it.

The argv_emulation could work ok (at the moment I get errors because
the App object isn't initialized at start time, but I'll manage that).

For DnD on the icon I need to implement MacOpenFile within wx.App, as
I wrote; wx's event loop (or whatever) cares for the OpenFile apple
event.

I tried monkey patching wx.App via uiApp, but I run into the same
problem as John: uiApp should be wx.App, but isn't, at least not while
afterInit runs.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---