[moved to dabo-dev]

Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Paul McNett wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't have been set explicitly in the cdxml in the first
>> place, in which case
>> the default font would have been used. But we do need to revisit
>> what happens when
>> FontName gets set to a nonexistent font on the given system.
>
>       It should be set for classes, because this is the base for instances.
> Classes save every property; instances save only those properties that
> have changed from their class.

I still think it is correct to save only overridden/changed properties, even
for
classes. Think of the equivalent in pure-python code. You don't see:

class MyTextBox(dabo.ui.dTextBox):
        def initProperties(self):
                self.FontUnderline = False
                self.FontBold = False
                self.Height = 18

...because you want the defaults from the superclass to apply. Now, if the user
of
the ClassDesigner explicitly sets FontUnderline to False, then of course it
should
save to the cdxml because they explicitly overrode the default.

>       I've posted a version with no FontFace attributes, but like you I am
> more concerned about the smooth handling of missing fonts.

Yes, perhaps we should add a ticket to discuss this.

Paul