On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Ed Leafe <e...@leafe.com> wrote:

> On May 16, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Miguel Lopes wrote:
>
> > I have MainForm with a dPageFrameNoTabs that holds several dPages
> > (accounts,
> > opportunities, servicecases).
> > My goal is to have a single location to navigate, new, delete, save,
> > and
> > whatever actions are "common" to all the pages in the MainForm
> > Toolbar (a
> > VCR control).
> >
> > I think this is a design issue that should be quite common for data
> > intensive applications that are not following the MDI or multi form
> > interfaces - I mean those that try to keep all in one form, and open
> > forms
> > just for specific taks (typically in a modal fashion). I searched
> > the lists
> > for quite a while and am surprised to have very little regarding
> > this design
> > challenge. So I came decided to post this.
> >
> > I came up with the following approach, but am uncertain. Is there a
> > Dabo way
> > to accomplish this? I wonder what is your approach?
>

>         If you are using dPageFrameNoTabs, then that means that changing
> the
> active page is entirely under your control. I would probably add code
> to the method that handles page changing to set the form's
> PrimaryBizobj to the appropriate bizobj for the current page. This
> way, the methods work as if the current page were its own form.
>

> -- Ed Leafe

That is my last experiment!
Your answer (together with the other one on assigning bizobjs references to
controls), means I probably have 90% of the problem solved. Txs!

These are two of the methods that change dPage:

def onBtnAccts(self, evt):
        self.splitter.Panel2.SelectedPageNumber = 0
        self.PrimaryBizobj =
self.bizobjDispatcher.getBizobjByRegID('account')

def onBtnOpptys(self, evt):
        self.splitter.Panel2.SelectedPageNumber = 1
        self.PrimaryBizobj =
self.bizobjDispatcher.getBizobjByRegID('opportunity')

Miguel

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---