jpoorra...@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/14/2009 2:43:12  P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
> p...@ulmcnett.com writes:
>
>> This is MDI  behavior. I didn't see anywhere in your code where you do
> the:
>> dabo.settings.MDI  = True
>>
>> assignment.
>
> Thanks for your  patience on this.
> Yes, we’ve got the  dabo.settings.MDI = True line. Here’s the whole
> program:
> #!/usr/bin/env  python
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> import  dabo
> dabo.ui.loadUI("wx")
> dabo.settings.MDI = True
>
> app  = dabo.dApp()
> from FrmMain import FrmMain
> app.MainFormClass =  FrmMain
> app.start()
>

> The child forms are run using:
>
>      frm=dabo.ui.createForm('runs2.cdxml',self.Application.MainForm)
> frm.show()
>
> We get the parent - child behavior of the child closing when the parent
> closes, but the forms aren't confined to the mainform.
>
> What are we missing here?

Not sure. It sure sounds like the forms aren't MDI-enabled. Let's find out. In
the
afterInit() code of a child form, put:

app = self.Application
print "afterInit()"
print "dabo.settings.MDI", dabo.settings.MDI
print "self.MDI", self.MDI
print "app.MainForm.MDI", app.MainForm.MDI
print "parent is app.MainForm", self.Parent is app.MainForm

>>> Also, the self.BackColor = (255,255,255) in initProperties isn't
> working,
>>> which produces a white background in the CD form.
>
>> I've seen drawing problems with mainforms on windows, and so here's  the
> code I use in
>> my main  program:
>>
>> dabo.ui.callAfterInterval(250,  app.MainForm.refresh)  ## clears artifacts
>>
>> I wonder if that  would work for the backcolor issue, too.
>>
>> Paul
>
> I tried this, but has no effect. I put this line just above the
> app.start(), and added app.setup() below app = dabo.dApp(). Runs with no
> errors,  but
> background doesn't change.

Hmm, can you add a ticket for this? http://trac.dabodev.com

Paul