Hi,

I'm completely new in Dabo and try to evaluate, if can can use this
promising framework.

Right now I have 2 problems:

1) when I try to connect to a local or server Firebird DB with
   the Connection Editor (as well as Class Designer) the program
   is crashing, no error message etc.
   When I connect to the MySQL DB at dabodev.com, it works fine.

   The kinterbasedb is available and working correct on FireBird 2.0
   and after pathing also with FireBird 2.1.

2) When I test with the connection editor and the program daboconsult,
   I can run the program within the connection editor.
   But when I run the program from the command line or with Boa Constructor
   or with Komodo, I get an error message:

   File "C:\Programme\Dabo
Runtime\ide\wizards\AppWizard\daboconsult\ui\FrmMain.py", line 23, in
fillFileOpenMenu
   fileMenu.prependMenu(MenFileOpen(fileMenu))
   AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'prependMenu'

where the code is:

   def fillFileOpenMenu(self):
        """Add the File|Open menu, with menu items for opening each form."""
        app = self.Application
        fileMenu = self.MenuBar.getMenu("File")
        fileMenu.prependMenu(MenFileOpen(fileMenu))

Would be happy, if I could pass these starting problems.

/*Peter Panczyk*/
f+p datensysteme gmbh

multipart/alternative
  text/html