Peter Panczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new in Dabo and try to evaluate, if can can use this
> promising framework.
>
> Right now I have 2 problems:
>
> 1) when I try to connect to a local or server Firebird DB with
>    the Connection Editor (as well as Class Designer) the program
>    is crashing, no error message etc.
>    When I connect to the MySQL DB at dabodev.com, it works fine.
>
>    The kinterbasedb is available and working correct on FireBird 2.0
>    and after pathing also with FireBird 2.1.
>
> 2) When I test with the connection editor and the program daboconsult,
>    I can run the program within the connection editor.
>    But when I run the program from the command line or with Boa Constructor
>    or with Komodo, I get an error message:
>
>    File "C:\Programme\Dabo
> Runtime\ide\wizards\AppWizard\daboconsult\ui\FrmMain.py", line 23, in
> fillFileOpenMenu
>    fileMenu.prependMenu(MenFileOpen(fileMenu))
>    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'prependMenu'
>
> where the code is:
>
>    def fillFileOpenMenu(self):
>       """Add the File|Open menu, with menu items for opening each form."""
>       app = self.Application
>       fileMenu = self.MenuBar.getMenu("File")
>       fileMenu.prependMenu(MenFileOpen(fileMenu))
>
> Would be happy, if I could pass these starting problems.
>

> /*Peter Panczyk*/
> f+p datensysteme gmbh

Welcome Peter,

I might be able to help with your connection errors to Firebird if you
give more infos on your used versions.
So which version of Python, kinterbasdb, Dabo, wxPython are you using?
What connection parameters did you specify in the Connection Editor?

I do not understand what you mean with the following:
>>    The kinterbasedb is available and working correct on FireBird 2.0
>>    and after pathing also with FireBird 2.1.
What do you mean with "after pathing"?

Please do not run Dabo programs from within Komodo or Boa because some
IDEs can change the environment in a way which could prevent Dabo from
normal function.

I also don't know anything about the program daboconsult.
Do you use the Runtime version of Dabo?
I think the runtime doesn't use any localy installed kinterbasdb module.
How did you test if kinterbasdb is working within the Dabo runtime?

Uwe