On 04/02/2011 17:58, Paul McNett wrote:
> On 2/4/11 6:03 AM, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
>> If no one thinks this is enough of a step to make it more usable then I
>> will just try and do this for myself.
> I for one am interested in seeing what you come up with, and encourage you to
> do it!
Taken a step back and try to get to a better understanding of Dabo and
then come back to this.   Maybe instead of trying to put it all into the
existing one have an AppWizard2 which doesn't generate bizObj's but uses
the one from AppWizard plus user changes and builds from there.
> In my app, I ended up keeping the Select/Browse/Edit paradigm but I totally
> override
> the Select and Edit pages. They still ultimately subclass from
> datanav.PagSelect and
> datanav.PagEdit, but are both much nicer for the user. I also tend to add
> pages
> and/or grids for child records, etc.
That sounds very similar to what I have in mind.
> Not perfect, but its how I've been doing apps for like 15 years now and users
> learn
> the paradigm quickly.
As I said in the other post, I will come back to all this when I have a
better understanding how things are done in Dabo.

Werner