Paul McNett wrote:

> I don't think an observer would even be needed. The dynamic
> properties are already properties, with getter methods. So, the
> evaluation of the dynamic property simply needs to happen in the
> dynamic property's getter.

        It's true that that's possible, but is that really all that's
needed?  I don't know exactly how these things are called, but it seems
like what you describe wouldn't result in an update unless the Dynamic*
was being accessed "anyway".  For instance, suppose my button has a
DynamicEnabled that depends on the value of a number spinner.  Even if
the button's DynamicEnabled getter knows to recheck the spinner every
time it's accessed, couldn't it still be the case that the button
wouldn't update because nothing was accessing the DynamicEnabled
property?  In other words, it's not enough for the getter to update
itself if the framework isn't checking the getter.  I don't know if the
Dynamic* values are always checked as part of the main event loop or
what.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell