On 09/12/2013 08:41 AM, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:

P.S.: John, AFAIK BasePrefKey is what sets a different pref name space for my app. What does setAppInfo do? And why do you setAppInfo twice (or was that just a typo)?
It was a cut and paste. And notice one is "appShortName" and the other is "appName". I believe I used the "appShortName" in the code for some reason.

The BasePrefKey has a default of blank ("") so it will still work - just the issue of namespace conflicts could occur. In fact I believe you can name each of the objects in your app if you needed even more control.

If memory serves, I recall that code you wrote used to work. That said, I also recall that I ran into performance issues and I started having trouble with the linking between text controls and the grids (I use grids as selection tools) as my project grew. I then changed to classes (I used to create grids inline) and setting the columns as I showed you.

Johnf