On 9/12/13 8:41 AM, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
> So I've tried a couple things.

Thanks for persisting!

> i) setting ColumnCount and then setting the properties of the different
> Columns[]
> will NOT persist column widths.

Hm, that's a bug. I probably never noticed because I don't instantiate my
columns
that way.

> ii) using addColumn() (with no arguments) and setting the properties of the
> different
> Columns[] will NOT persist column widths.

Probably a bug, too. I'd need to think about it.

> iii) using addColumn(Datafield='someDataField') and setting the properties of
> the
> different Columns[] WILL persist column widths.

It should persist no matter how the column was instantiated.

> iv) commenting out the app.BasePrefKey() and app.setAppInfo() lines does not
> affect
> the behaviour in this respect.

That's expected.

> So there is obviously some issue with the creation of columns with
> ColumnCount and
> setting their properties later. If it is not permitted by design this should
> be
> documented.

It should be permitted. For what it's worth, here's how I tend to instantiate
grids
and columns:

{{{
from dabo.ui import dGrid, dColumn

class Column(dColumn):
    def initProperties(self):
        self.HeaderFontBold = True
        ## other common properties set here

class Grid(dGrid):
    def initProperties(self):
        self.DataSource = "customers"

    def afterInit(self):
        self.addColumn(Column(self, DataField='name', Caption='Name'))
        self.addColumn(Column(self, DataField='phone', Caption='Phone'))
}}}

> There is also an issue with addColumn() without arguments, it doesn't work.

I guess we need a different bug report for that.

Please file these reports on our github issue tracker.

And thanks again for testing different cases and following through. I'll try to
reciprocate.

Paul