On 02/04/2015 05:30 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:
On Feb 3, 2015, at 8:47 PM, Neil Flowers <njflower...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here’s the relevant snippet from uiApp.OnInit:

        def OnInit(self):
                app = self.dApp
                # As of wx3, locale must be set using wx.Locale; this can only
be created after the wx.App's initialization, so locale
                # is moved here (also note setting locale is no longer
toolkit-agnostic, so other toolkit bindings would need to handle it internally)
                if dabo.loadUserLocale:
                        self.locale = wx.Locale(wx.LANGUAGE_DEFAULT)

This seemed to be fine when placed in __init__ as well, so that’s another
option. I didn’t even see the locale issue manifest until I started testing on
Windows, but the above should work on any platform.
Would this cause a problem if the user has set a locale to something other than
the wx default?

-- Ed Leafe
That's a good question because I don't know what we mean by locale. Being the dumb American and having never had to run any other setting than 'en' I have been wondering what we really want. Is it the OS setting or is it something else like the language or country codes. At the moment I think it's not going to matter once we get to python 3.x but that does not help at the moment.

Johnf