From: Isaac Dupree<mailto:m...@isaac.cedarswampstudios.org>
Sent: ‎11/‎13/‎2013 17:35
To: darcs-users@darcs.net<mailto:darcs-users@darcs.net>
Subject: Re: [darcs-users] make `darcs changes` interactive by default?

On 11/13/2013 04:31 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:
> I'm a bit late to the party, sorry, just catching up on my backlog.
>
> As one of the people who proposed the change I am of course happy with it.
> However, that doesn't mean too much, since I have been using -i as my
> personal default for a very long time, so for me the change wasn't even
> noticeable.

Musings:

`git log` starts a pager by default if the log is too long to fit the
terminal height, which I maybe like better than either `darcs changes`
or `darcs changes -i`.

An implicit pager suits inexperienced users if (alas) they can figure
out that `q` is the way to exit the pager (None of the following exit
`less`: Ctrl-C, Esc, Ctrl-Q, Ctrl-W).

Putting text in a pager means it won't appear in my terminal's
scrollback history, which is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse.
  Other than that, I like `less`'s interface.

(Don't mind me, I mostly use Git these days.)

-Isaac