On 20/11/2013 00:07, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
I'm thinking more and more that darcs should have a behaviour similar
to the most known VCS', unless there is some *absolute* necessity (by
design or design principle) to do another way.

The default expected use of changes (or log) is to show the "history"
of a repository, and we cannot really fight this assumption.

So I propose we go back to non-interactive by default.

As of invoking the pager (a la git), good idea. We can indeed use the
same code as `darcs help`.

And to continue with the "least surprise" principle, I would go as far
as proposing that "changes" should be called "log" (an alias already
present in HEAD), and keep "changes" as an alias of "log".

I like this, but making "changes" an alias for "darcs log -i", thus avoiding disruption for old-time darcsers.

--
Florent