On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Ingo Liebhardt <ingo.liebha...@ziggo.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the original message, the 'and have had little trouble generating images
> that contain areas prone to demosaicing artifacts‘ caught my eye.
> In the meanwhile, I continued a bit on my demosaicing algorithm.
>
> So I gave it a try with the two problematic images.
> Results can be found in:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un1y11uimbqxjjk/AAD3L-Rs9-ztwyBIm4rnCzK-a?dl=0
>
> The tiff versions are straight from the algorithm, no correct white balance,
> no proper contrast curve, no noise reduction.
> The jpeg versions got a bit of white balance and contrast curve in
> darktable, but still no noise reduction.
> Please excuse the colors, my main interest was on the demosaicing, so I was
> very sloppy on the colors at this stage.
> The tiffs are 16 bit, so you can really play with them to your liking.
>
> Furthermore, I also continued working on a better chroma cleaning algorithm
> for the fine branches of my own torture test.
> Have a look at the chroma_cleaned_3. I found a way to very specifically
> address those problematic pixels, see map2, which I then further improved by
> adding a contrast curve to the map.
>
> The bird and person images didn’t get the chroma cleaning, because they
> don’t have fine high contrast areas, unlike the branches.
>
> Jo might be most interested in this, so the concept is in my latest git
> commit : https://github.com/ILiebhardt/xtrans.
> It’s not yet really stable and not to speak of performance…
>
> By the way, I also added my problematic raw, so that Jo can play with it if
> wanted.

this is the dt output with just standard processing (xmp see embedded
in jpg; profiled chroma denoising, single pass markesteijn,
classic-chrome-like colours and tonecurve):

https://jo.dreggn.org/img_0001.jpg

it doesn't really have the single pixel colour fringes, but i can
still see larger blotches (like 10x10 pixels range maybe?) of green
and magenta.

cheers,
 jo