On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:15 AM, johannes hanika <hana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Ingo Liebhardt <ingo.liebha...@ziggo.nl>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the original message, the 'and have had little trouble generating
> images
> > that contain areas prone to demosaicing artifacts‘ caught my eye.
> > In the meanwhile, I continued a bit on my demosaicing algorithm.
> >
> > So I gave it a try with the two problematic images.
> > Results can be found in:
> >
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un1y11uimbqxjjk/AAD3L-Rs9-ztwyBIm4rnCzK-a?dl=0
> >
> > The tiff versions are straight from the algorithm, no correct white
> balance,
> > no proper contrast curve, no noise reduction.
> > The jpeg versions got a bit of white balance and contrast curve in
> > darktable, but still no noise reduction.
> > Please excuse the colors, my main interest was on the demosaicing, so I
> was
> > very sloppy on the colors at this stage.
> > The tiffs are 16 bit, so you can really play with them to your liking.
> >
> > Furthermore, I also continued working on a better chroma cleaning
> algorithm
> > for the fine branches of my own torture test.
> > Have a look at the chroma_cleaned_3. I found a way to very specifically
> > address those problematic pixels, see map2, which I then further
> improved by
> > adding a contrast curve to the map.
> >
> > The bird and person images didn’t get the chroma cleaning, because they
> > don’t have fine high contrast areas, unlike the branches.
> >
> > Jo might be most interested in this, so the concept is in my latest git
> > commit : https://github.com/ILiebhardt/xtrans.
> > It’s not yet really stable and not to speak of performance…
> >
> > By the way, I also added my problematic raw, so that Jo can play with it
> if
> > wanted.
>
> this is the dt output with just standard processing (xmp see embedded
> in jpg; profiled chroma denoising, single pass markesteijn,
> classic-chrome-like colours and tonecurve):
>
> https://jo.dreggn.org/img_0001.jpg
>
> it doesn't really have the single pixel colour fringes, but i can
> still see larger blotches (like 10x10 pixels range maybe?) of green
> and magenta.
>
> cheers,
>  jo

You've lost the color of the sunset on the lettering on the clock face
though.

This is not the best test scene because it doesn't appear to actually
contain any vibrant colors. A better scene would have real green, magenta
and cyan objects, preferably with fine patterns. That would make it more
apparent when the processing is not producing color artifacts vs. just
smoothing all of the colors.