On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Tim Rolph <timro...@timrolph.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi All, would it be possible to add an option for auto raw white point
> calculation?
No. Because that would be selfish.
If it really is an issue, you need to report it:
https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/issues/new
And do attach one raw per every iso level.
That way it could be fixed for everyone :)

> At the moment the raw white point for CRW files is set at 4000, I
> believe this is because of Adobe DNG creator reports this! I find that the
> required white point can vary between 1000 and 9000 depending on the
> individual image!

> I also have just checked how Rawtherapee handles highlight reconstruction and
> it seem at least on the few images I have checked to produce better
> results.:-(
That statement is too generic.
Which darktable version, which highlight reconstruction mode?
Which rt's highlight reconstruction mode?

But i can tell you that dt's highlight reconstruction mode LCh got much better
in git master compared to 2.0.x

> Regards,
>
> Tim
Roman.