Hi,

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 5:39 AM Aurélien Pierre
<rese...@aurelienpierre.com> wrote:

> The real question here is : could you get past the change and benefit from it
> ?
>
> I'm biased here, since I developed repetitive strain injury in the wrist at
> the early age of 23. So I'm basically trying to improve the efficiency of the
> workflow by decreasing as much as possible the number of user interactions on
> each picture, especially the mouse interactions.
>
> If it's only for cropping, it can be fixed. At the end, I think it really
> depends on how many hours you spend each week on darktable. Because editing a
> whole wedding is definitely not the same as editing a bunch of holidays
> pictures, so I guess every user will have a different sensibility to workflow
> matters and the occasionnal users will mostly care about the overhead of the
> refactoring (having to learn things again) while the regular users will see
> it as a long-term investment.

So, how about custom tabs, that can be named freely and where users
can add and arrange modules to their liking?

The existing arrangement could be shipped as a preset, and other
presets could be added easily.

Make it configurable instead of trying to figure out what's right for
everyone (hint: won't happen)

Cheers,

  Jochen