Can you not just be polite though? Do we want the default reply here to be
"gruff with loosely associated facts?"

Essentially the question of "what happened to xxx package" was met with a multi
paragraph rant about LTS and Ubuntu and whatever. It didn't provide the answer
but instead veered off on it's own direction.

Not a great way to start the new year, if I'm honest.

-m