On 2023-01-04 18:29, Mica Semrick wrote:

On 1/4/23 18:10, Matthias Andree wrote:
You are considering my earlier messages rude and now you are insinuating
I had a "deeper issue"?

Your 12 paragraph response that didn't answer the question does indeed point to you having a bad day, at the very least. Taking that out on other people isn't nice.

Have I just broke your delusions of Ubuntu LTS or what's up?

No and I don't use ubuntu anyway.

The solution is "you want to run up-to-date software, you get to upgrade
your distro first".­

Except that is not at all true. Besides OBS, which does build for quite a few "out of date" distros, there are also flatpaks and snaps, which will run a whole bunch of places where an otherwise up-to-date darktable package isn't available.

Not there is current dev work ongoing to enable darktable to be offered as an Appimage which will allow another option for older OS versions.

Jack