On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 18:01:58 +0200
Jean-Luc Lacroix <jean....@lacroix.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tested the tethering on my Oly M10 to no avail. The camera
> doesn't seem to be detected by gphoto2. Linux is not to be blamed as
> it doesn't work better on Windows or Mac OS as reported on the
> internet.
>
> How about the M5 mark II and the M1? Any Oly user who can confirm
> successful tethering on these models?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Jean-Luc

No luck with the M5 mark II. If the camera is connect as MTP the camera
is identified as the Olympus E-M5. Tethering claims that there is no
camera with tethering support is connected.

If the camera is connected usig the 3rd option camera -> computer scan
for devices indicates an USB PTP Class Camera. tethering ask to place
camera in manual mode even when it is.

Import from camera works in both modes MTP & PTP

Paul