I've been a victim of my own inattentiveness and wiped all edits on images in the library. It sucked but it was my fault. It would have been nice to have either a write protect feature on edited images (my preference) or an undo. In my case, the undo was backups.

On 2017-04-16 08:54, Richard Vanek wrote:
That doesn't solve the issue when you make wrong step in working in lightable. You like to make modifications, but you also like to make step back if you make wrong one.
Two different issues, one protects the library (protected images) from inadvertent or accidental changes due to a "select all" vs the word processor concept of "infinite" undos. Whereas a document is just "one", images in lightroom can be thousands. Not being familiar with darktable code, I could see implementing an undo to be an exponential problem with very little in return for the effort and complexity to implement. I would think that there would also be a performance hit and the usability issues would be a nightmare.

Is having an undo in lightroom for a single image really an issue? There's very little that can affect an image other than clobbering the history stack and one has to work at that.

I think there are way cooler features/improvements to be implemented.... where does the time go?

---Richard Vanek