I believe you can 'protect' images from modification by making a duplicate. That will create a group with the new duplicate as the front member, which will receive all modifications unless the group is opened and another member is selected.

This way any accidental change will hit the dummy front member of the group.

I don't know how fool proof this will be, but maybe the devs can comment on the virtues and vices of this method.

René

On 2017-04-17 07:59, Richard Vanek wrote:
Hello,

​I have started this discussion​, so let me finish it as well.
When I used darktable for the first few times I was surprised that there
is no global UnDo on a user action. In the lightable part none at all.
In the darkroom it doesn't reflect user action, but probably some kind
of code behaviour. What I mean is when I move a certain setting for
example in color contrast and I press Undo it doesn't jump where I was
before I made my move (where I took mouse at first) but into some middle
stage. Therefore I have to do multiple Undo and watch when I get back to
my from the user point of view starting position.

Anyway, as I know nothing about darktable code I can not judge or
suggest anything else them what seems to be natural from a user point of

On 17 April 2017 at 02:04, Mark Heieis <mhei...@alois.ca