Your examples interest me since they are shown on a blue subject. My
experience with a fully profiled sensor is that the 'basic' Denoise
(profiled) works quite well by itself EXCEPT for blue sky areas.

My sky areas tend to form into rosette clumps whenever some reasonable
degree of processing is applied. It has led me to believe that it is the
blue color that is causing the greatest problem.

David