Well, now the problem solved with update.

johannes hanika (2018-Apr-23, excerpt):
> worker_threads=8 does sound high.

It is the default set by darktable if I delete `~/.config/darktable`.

    $ darktable
    [defaults] found a 64-bit system with 8069452 kb ram and 6 cores (0 atom
based)
    [defaults] setting high quality defaults

Having six cores I assumed that 8 threads would be ok.  However, I've
just monitored the number of parallel threads by polling
`/proc/$pid/status`.

With worker_threads=8 I get 69 Threads, with worker_threads=2 its
still 33 threads.  What's worker_threads anyways?

Setting these to two actually solved the issue.

I've upgraded darktable to version 2.5.0+333~g1f26b4f44 this morning.
Now the problem is gone, even with worker_threads=8.

Thanks
Stefan

--
http://stefan-klinger.de                                      o/X
Send plain text messages only, not exceeding 32kB.            /\/