* kneops <kne...@gmail.com> [08-06-18 04:19]:
> I already have that enabled. Could there be a maximum amount of thumbs that
> can be stored?
>

> Op 31-07-18 om 20:14 schreef I. Ivanov:
> >

> > On 2018-07-31 12:58 AM, kneops wrote:
> > > Some folders open right away with all the thumbs visible
> > > immediately, but many already processed folders seem to be
> > > rebuilding all the thumbs over and over again, even if I opened and
> > > worked on a folder a day ago. Has this to do with some setting? Are
> > > previews only saved for a certain time period?
> > You can try "enable disk backend for thumbnail cache" on the core
> > options.
> >
> > Regards,

the amount of onboard memory may be a large factor as only so many thumbs
will fit in memory at one time, cache.  have you considered this?
recently viewed photos load faster than those not.  I see similar with
32gb, but greatly improved from several years ago.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode