yes, I have 4k and it seems ok to me.

My memory for thumbnails is 1024 and it is ok. I usually work on few thousand (like 3000 to 5000 images at once - until I process them). I have disk cache enabled - "enable disk backend for thumbnail cache". This is on SSD. Works quite well for browsing the collection.

The only item that is a bit off - I usually click "z" for zooming in because my thumbnails are small. This particular cache - of an image that fills the whole screen is not kept past restart of DT (or at least entirely). This particular full screen thumbnail is rebuild - not sure if it is intended to be written to disk or not.

Regards,