Hi Benjamin,

I just wanted to add another possibility: git annex.

I use it (successfully) for keeping my RAWs, the XMPs and the db in
sync. Either over network or an external USB hard drive. Once it's set
up, it's a simple matter of `git annex sync --all` and / or the usual
git operations. And you can add additional backup locations easily.

Cheers!