> Message du 16/01/20 01:26
> De : "Michael Fritze"
> A : "User List Darktable"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Aw: Re: [darktable-user] Base curve and white balance issue with DT
> 3.0
>

> Jean-Luc,
>
> what you see is a combination of what your eyes detect and what your brain
> processes from that. And the history of that. And a lot more. So your brain
> is a kind of raw processor for your eyes. And a very good one. With some
> weird limitations.
> What you see is not a measurement.
> What your camera sensor outputs is always modified and simplified.
> What you see is always modified.
> Please keep that in mind.
>

> BR, Micha.
>
> PS: Not only your brain/eyes, mine too! :-)

Hello Michael,

Yes, I know how the brain works and can produce so wonderful images by stacking
the crap the eyes produce.
However, when a camera makes my skin redder than what it actually is, I do not
agree.
I do agree that people may prefer flashy colours than what they are. Many
friends of mine, as they shoot weddings, for instance, process their already
over-saturated jpegs so that the skin gets even more saturated.
I do prefer more natural tints.
I read a thread on github - among many others -, where a user shows pictures
processed with darktable 2.6.x and 3.0.x, and complains that the ones from the
later are not so accurate than the ones from the earlier, which he prefers.
For almost all his samples, I found the ones from 3.0.x more natural than the
ones from 2.6.x.
But, once again, it is a matter of taste. And maybe I am too down-to-earth...

Rgrds,

J.-Luc