On Mon, Jan 27, 2020, at 06:10, Myron Gochnauer wrote:

> I tried snooping around in raw files with a hex editor, but I didn’t
> see anything that was helpful.

I don't know about those particular RAW formats, but my Olympus RAWs have a
standard Exif orientation tag set depending on the camera orientation at
capture. Changing this would work, but as everyone will chime in, YOU SHOULD
NEVER EVER TOUCH YOUR RAW FILES!!!! However, to take a more nuanced approach to
this advice, doing a very careful, well-tested binary search/replace on that
value is unlikely to break your files (as opposed to using "normal" tools for
editing Exif data, which may mess up offsets and completely destroy the
proprietary file structure in any number of ways). I've done this at times for
various stupid reasons, and never had a problem, although not for this
particular purpose, only strings. I'm not sure what the best method would be
for reliably locating the value you want... maybe ask on exiftool forums?

--
jys