What would you do when camera makers decided to store a cryptographic
hash or even a signature created over the image and other metadata?
You'd invalidate the whole image.

I'm not saying they do, but one day they might.  Would be a nice
feature to certify to some extent how the image was taken.

If you want to bet your images on the belief that some spare time
programmers can always keep up with each and every turn
multi-million-dollar companies do on their undocumented, proprietary
formats, be my guest.  And bring popcorn.

I see no benefit that would outweigh the risk.

--
Dr. Stefan Klinger -- Informatiker, Mathematiker              o/X
https://stefan-klinger.de                                     /\/