I will likely face the same question in the near future. Few thoughts...

If I understand correctly - SQLite won't work well in a client / server mode

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1321493/sqlite-for-client-server

One of the channels I am watching discussed "syncthing"

https://youtu.be/O5O4ajGWZz8

It may be an approach to go around with synchronizing the DB on 2 or more machines (I haven't tried it actually)

Regards,