On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 09:36:07 +0200
Peter Schlaufer <pe...@schlaufer.ch> wrote:

> When I now would change to Linux I would have
> to reformat the SSD drive to fat32 that it can
> be read and written in Linux.

In Linux you have a choice for the filesystem
you want to use. And you can mix that among
different devices (partitions). I do remember
that there was some module able to read Mac
Filesystems, but I'm not sure in which state
this is or how hard it is to make it work.

Anyway, a filesystem developed for linux should
be more efficient, so at some point I would
suggest, you should change to this kind.

FAT32 is supported by Linux; this is how we
read the cards. But it is one of the least
efficient solutions.

> After an import to a Linux
> darktable-application would then only the the
> xmp data  which were created by dt seen or
> would the „old“ xmp data, especially all the
> tags, of LR times reappear and so be
> destroying all the lot of work, which would
> make me reconsider a possible change.

A file is a file. If the OS can access the file
on the file system, you get the data that are
in that file. If the Mac-port didn't introduce
file format changes, all your data should be
just fine. Most probably you will have to tell
darktable where to find your data, though.