On vendredi 21 août 2020 03:58:38 CEST Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * darkta...@911networks.com <darkta...@911networks.com> [08-20-20 20:47]:
(...)
> > I'm soon setting up a laptop with Opensuse Leap. I'd like to have
> > the latest DT.
> >
> > I've never compiled DT before but I would like to compile it myself with
> > all the "bell & whistles".
> >
> > Is there a script for compile all the "extra" for before adding them
> > into DT?
>
> the instructions on github page work fine.
> on your openSUSE system, first you need the necessary apps to do the
> building,
>   zypper -v si -d darktable
>
> now follow github instructions.

That said, in my experience there usually is a compiled version available for
Opensuse rather soon after a new version is published. Although you'll need
one of the additional (OBS) repositories.

And be aware that things can get hairy if ever you have to compile
dependencies as well (like how do you solve version incompatibilities).

Remco