* Remco Viëtor <remco.vie...@wanadoo.fr> [08-21-20 01:09]:
> On vendredi 21 août 2020 03:58:38 CEST Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * darkta...@911networks.com <darkta...@911networks.com> [08-20-20 20:47]:
> (...)
> > > I'm soon setting up a laptop with Opensuse Leap. I'd like to have
> > > the latest DT.
> > >
> > > I've never compiled DT before but I would like to compile it myself with
> > > all the "bell & whistles".
> > >
> > > Is there a script for compile all the "extra" for before adding them
> > > into DT?
> >
> > the instructions on github page work fine.
> > on your openSUSE system, first you need the necessary apps to do the
> > building,
> >   zypper -v si -d darktable
> >
> > now follow github instructions.
>
> That said, in my experience there usually is a compiled version available for
> Opensuse rather soon after a new version is published. Although you'll need
> one of the additional (OBS) repositories.
>
> And be aware that things can get hairy if ever you have to compile
> dependencies as well (like how do you solve version incompatibilities).

to date the only time I have had difficulties were solved by wiping the
build directory, a new "git clone" and "git submodule init ;git submodule
update".

that said, anyone may have a multitude of problems, but not the
satisfaction of successful build w/o trying.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode