Am 10.01.22 um 22:12 schrieb bwh vanBeest:
Hi,
When I import a  series of images straight from the camera (Nikon D850, Nikon nef format) in Darktable (scene-referred workflow), the images invariably show up as way too dark, as if they are underexposed. The histogram shows a big unexposed part on the highlights. I am pretty sure though that when I took the pictures the exposure is about right (according to the camera histogram). The camera-generated jpg is also ok.
What can be the cause of this and what can I do about it?

Kind Regards,
Bertwim

Same effect here.

I use Olympus-cameras, RAW only, correction +/- 0 EV in the Camera.

After importing in DT the default in module "exposure" is "+0.5 EV" but this is too dark for nearly all pictures.

I need to use a correction between +1.5 and +2.5 EV for the best look.

This is not new in DT 3.8 but in 3.6 (or 3.4?) with the change to scene-referred workflow.

I never compared with camera JPG.

Frank