On samedi 22 janvier 2022 07:28:57 CET Top Rock Photography wrote:
> IF one's card is 32GB or less, it will not store time zone data, and that
> may cause problems. If one does not have local time being kept correctly
> by the OS, that may cause problems. If one's camera does not save local
> time correctly, that may cause problems.

Two different things going on here:
We have the file timestamps as handled by the different OSs. Those can change
for different reasons, mostly access and file modification (but there's the
"touch" command).

We also have metadata timestamps, generated by the camera. Most of these
shouldn't change. And afaik, Exif metadata couldn't store timezone as a
standard tag before 2016 (makernote is a different issue.

I'm getting a bit confused which of these groups of timestamps are being
discussed here...

Remco