Remco Viëtor schrieb am 03.05.23 um 17:57:
On mercredi 3 mai 2023 17:16:03 CEST Jörn Rink wrote:
Hello,
i have one question. I recognize, that in general dt used more than one
core. But especially when i export images to jpeg, only one core is
used, image AFTER image is exported. Is there a chance to corce dt to
use more than one core? When i use high quality, the process also uses
only one core and disc io is not very high.

Is dt running better on more cores, when i compile it myself with g++
or gcc switches? Does dt use openMP?
thanks and greetings
Darktable is geared towards using the GPU whenever possible; the CPU is mostly
used for "bookkeeping".

While it might theoretically be possible to handle multiple images in
parallel, it wouldn't get you much (if anything): treating several images in
parallel on the GPU cannot be faster than treating them sequentially.
In addition, you'd need to have the RAM to deal with multiple images.

Remco

I see 4 cores running at 100% during export on my system ...

--

regards
Bernhard

https://www.bilddateien.de