In a moment of irrationality I migrated my Mint install from 21.1 to 21.2  about 15 hours ago - and quickly found that I no longer had any darktable. I started to compile from 4.4.2 source, using the process which worked well a day earlier. The number of compile errors - almost all missing dependencies - was huge. There is one I cannot resolve; the error message states:

"Make Error at cmake/modules/LibFindMacros.cmake:272 (message):
  REQUIRED PACKAGE NOT FOUND

  We could not find development headers for Glib.  Do you have the necessary   dev package installed? This package is REQUIRED and you need to install it
  or adjust CMake configuration in order to continue building darktable.

  Relevant CMake configuration variables:

    Glib_INCLUDE_DIR=<not found>
    GlibConfig_INCLUDE_DIR=<not found>
    Glib_LIBRARY=<not found>

  You may use CMake GUI, cmake -D or ccmake to modify the values. Delete
  CMakeCache.txt to discard all values and force full re-detection if
  necessary.

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindGlib.cmake:40 (libfind_process)
  src/CMakeLists.txt:276 (find_package)"

Synaptic cannot find a package called Gib or Glib-dev or their development headers or any of these CMake configuration variables. How do I work around this? Synaptic finds a large number of packages with names of the form lib*glib-dev; are any of these relevant? Which ones?