On 25/07/2023 12:57, Remco Viëtor wrote:
But the dependencies*are*  listed, just before the (perhaps outdated) commands
to install them. The list gives you the library name and minimum required
version (if any).
Ah, I had not understood the significance of this information: I saw the heading 'minimal dependencies' , placed too much emphasis on the word 'minimal', disregarded this information and felt that my view was vindicated when I stumbled across something like 15 hours of repeated running of the build script, incrementally eliminating the 'missing dependencies' error messages - with the absolutely vital support from others on this list. From what you have pointed out, I will in future, be better able to identify the required dependent package.