Hi,

I'm trying to convert this named scop from AR to DM:
  named_scope :contract, lambda { |month|
    d = Date.from_contract_month(month)
    { :conditions => ['EXTRACT(YEAR from expiration_date) = ? and
EXTRACT(MONTH from expiration_date) = ?',
                      d.year, d.month ]
    }
  }

It uses some postgres functions and I was wondering if there's any
abstractions for things like this in DM ?

Sort of like
def self.contract(month)
  all(:expiration_date.year => d.year, :expiration_date.month =>
d.month)
end

I can do it with an SQL query in DM, just wanted to check if there's
some abstraction that can get me out of doing that. I saw a thread
related to this sort of thing from end of 2008 and dug around on
github but didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Patrik