Hi Guys,

I keep looking at DataMapper but I get scared (or lazy is probably more
accurate).

I have an existing Rails 3.2.8 project that is not yet deployed.  I decided
a few weeks ago to somewhat start over and use BDD (cucumber, rspec, etc)
to "drive" a major reworking of the project.  The main purpose of the
project is a place for me to learn.

I'm also reading various books and articles like Objects On Rails and Clean
Ruby that prompt me to decouple the database from the business logic.  I've
been lead to believe that DataMapper is a better than ActiveRecord for this.

I've also bumped into a couple posts that DataMapper 1.2 isn't compatible
with Rails 3.2.8 so the beta version needs to be used.  That doesn't bother
me but I'm hoping to get some good directions on how to make the move from
ActiveRecord to DataMapper in my current situation.

Thank you
Perry