On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Rick Measham wrote:

> POD>> The behavior of this module when given parameters outside proper
> POD>> boundaries (like a minute parameter of 72) is not defined, though
> POD>> future versions may be die.
>
> I'd prefer the behavior of:
> my $dt = DateTime->new( hour => 7, minute => 75);
>
> to be the equivalent of:
> my $dt = DateTime->new( hour => 8, minute => 15);
>
> That is,
> minute = minute + int(second/60)
> second = second mod 60
>
> hour = hour + int(minute/60)
> minute = minute mod 60
>
> day = day + int(hour / 24)
> hour = hour mod 60

Actually, this _is_ what it does now, but it's not documented, so that
shouldn't be relied upon.  I'm not entirely sure that simply accepting
_any_ number makes for a good API, however.  I suspect that in many cases,
numbers outside the expected boundaries may indicate an error on the
caller's part.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com