Dave Rolsky wrote:
> How could a set of discrete datetimes also be a
> set of spans?

Mmm, it's like 'spans with zero-duration', but maybe
we just don't need that, actually.

> >   $set1 = DateTime::SpanSet->new(
> >      spans => [ $dt_span, $dt_span ] );
> I think this is necessary.

Ok. Maybe we don't need 'span=>', since 'spans=>'
is good enough.

> >   $set1 = DateTime::SpanSet->new(
> >      start_set => $dt_set, end_set => $dt_set );
> What would this create exactly?
>
> For example, if I have two sets, one of which is
> an infinite recurrence every month starting on
> January 1, 2002, and the other is a set with ...

.. every month starting on January 2, 2002,
then you get an infinite set of spans like:

[ 2002-01-01..2002-01-02 ],
[ 2002-02-01..2002-02-02 ],
[ 2002-03-01..2002-03-02 ],
and so on.

That would be useful for defining recurring things
like seasons, vacations, and holidays that are longer
than a day (I think).

- Flavio S. Glock