On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Alex Teslik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Your goals are clear. I welcome a DateTime::Lite pure Perl module that covers
> the basic needs of DateTime manipulation with minimal overhead. I don't expect
> full compatibility - hence the "Lite".

+1.

I have lots of mostly command line scripts that use DateTime solely to
print the current time etc. and have had to convert to something else
when asked to make it portable or run with less memory etc. It'll be
extremely useful if we can start writing code with DateTime and later
replace the 'use' line with DateTime::Lite, or start writing with
DateTime::Lite and later "upgrade" to DateTime when we need more
complex stuff like Set or Calendar APIs.

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa