On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM, J. Shirley <jshir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My vote goes for no changes, as it is in the POD as a warning and has
>> existing for a very long time.  The better fix is to write better
>> applications.
>
> Wise words.   It's about time all those existing organizations and people
> that earn their livelihood running massive legacy applications got off their
> butts and rewrote them.  Today. ;)

Perhaps I'm cynical, but in my mind the type of people who write bad
applications not only wouldn't care about potential DateTime DoS
attacks, but they would have many more egregious offenses.  Bad
applications are bad, but sullying up good code to accomodate them is
an even worse idea in my book.

The best solution is that Schwern gets a patch in ;)

Schwern++ # gitpan is done, now you need something else!

-J