On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:21 PM, J. Shirley <jshir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I'm cynical, but in my mind the type of people who write bad
> applications not only wouldn't care about potential DateTime DoS
> attacks, but they would have many more egregious offenses.

That's true, but you are wrong that people with poorly written code don't
care about DoS or security issues.

The fact is that there are poorly written apps that people use and depend on
that don't have central validation.  A decade or so of constant development
by a dozen or two different programmers doesn't always result in the most
idle code.

DateTime might be the most central place to put in central validation on
year input.

> The best solution is that Schwern gets a patch in ;)

Yes, that would be a good solution, too. ;)

--
Bill Moseley
mose...@hank.org