Swami, Lee,
I tested performance using 3 different USB devices (2 USB HDD and 1 USB Flash Disk).
Here is the performance test result.

Instructions for testing
----------------------------------
writing test:
time dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/test.gz bs=1M count=500 && sync
reading test:
time dd if=/mnt/test.gz of=/dev/null bs=1M && sync

Result:
Device              Write           Read
USB HDD1   ~9.5MBps      ~13.0MBps
USB HDD2   ~7.2MBps      ~8.0MBps
USB FD        ~3.8MBps      ~9.0MB/s

It seems the performance is pretty good.
I made some minor changes and applied the patch to git 2.6.23, this patch also works
well on git 2.6.23.

Regards

Frank

Ashuaria Lee wrote:
Hi Subbrathnam,

The only difference I feel is that I used a thumb USB Memory, which is
SanDisk cruzer micro 1.0GB, and you used USB HDD.

I can't understand Why? my read speed is so high, and why the write
speed so low.

I'll try the USB hdd when I get one.

Good Luck.